November 18, 2010

November Challenge and Example of a Frugal Friday Tip by Stephanie

Design Team Member Stephanie created this layout for the November Sketch Challenge.  She used a modified version of sketch #1 for the November challenge.   She said, "When I saw the sketches, I knew that I had the perfect moment to scrapbook! These three photos are from our trip to Disneyworld in February and I fell in love with the castle. (Unfortunately, I don't think the hubby would like a book filled with castle layouts!) I knew I needed to make it into an 8x8 which is why I modified the number of images, but there was something else that struck me.

While creating this layout I just knew that I was going to need the perfect "Thickers" to give my title the right emphasis...so, I made my own! I Used a previous Frugal Friday tip that drew me to the SOS Blog! I chose my favorite magical feeling font (It's a Sizzix font called Sunset) and some fun, silver, glittery, self-adhesive foam and created a custom title for my page. The remaining elements are cut from self-adhesive metal that I colored using my Copic markers. In the end, I ended up with a truly homemade, cost effective, memory capturing page! Perfect for someone who just received their first student loan bill in the mail, no?


If you haven't had a chance yet, pull out those crafty supplies and play! There's plenty of time to get in on the November challenge!


-Steph


As always, you can find more details about my layout on my blog.

And don't miss the Pagerize This Challenge - see all the details below.

9 comments:

  1. Nice page! Good to see you scrappin again too! I like the homemade elements. I think they are awesome and just even more genuine cause you made them yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the glittered foam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love your awesome lettering!!! It looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the three colours of the castle lined up like that- cool idea with the letters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the letters you made, they are perfect for this page! A great idea I will have to try. I have a serious addiction to Thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful LO! I love the pictures of the castle and would never have guessed you made those thickers yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am a lover of the castle too and those pictures are beautiful! Your layout is perfect with the colors and I love how you created your title!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your titlework!! Great, great job. What a fun way to be frugal and use your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome - love how you used the frugal tip to make your own thickers - they match your page perfectly. And your take on the sketch is great.

    ReplyDelete