November 13, 2010

Show 'N Tell Sunday - by Ren-Yi

It's been about eight months since I started with this paper-crafting obsession. And I find myself always learning something new: a technique, a cool new tool, a new stamping or crafting supply company, a new embellishment.


For fun, here is my first card attempt.

Stamping Around WMS Challenge

It was a pull out gift card and I remember thinking "I made hand cut grass - this is tedious - isn't there a tool for that?" My second thought "Uh oh - I'm turning into a paper crafts tool junkie. Scissors to fringe the grass is NOT necessary"


To keep myself accountable and give myself a deadline, I try to play along with a few of my challenges. This one was a contribution to the Sweet Stop Sketch #80. Here is the sketch as a reference.




My take? Segment an image and see how it goes ;)  I sponged my white card stock to convert it into a tad vintage, added a cute scalloped border and a sentiment on the side - in case the tree was not "festive" enough. Twine & buttons are my favorite embellishments thus far.


Merry Christmas


I never think anything about it when I enter a challenge, since it is about the fun while creating process. So when I received a comment from Korin, owner of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, that she had featured my card on the Sweet Sketch Stop Challenge blog, I was just stunned - didn't know what to say. Lil' tiny old me?

Merry Christmas

Anyways - if you haven't had a chance to check out the Sugar Babies, they make some beautiful creations. Hop over and leave some blog love!


But most importantly - to all you new crafters - it's a growing process! So keep at it. Practice makes perfect after all.

6 comments:

  1. your cards are ALWAYS beautiful! This hobby is a bit addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make a card with that sketch too! Your take is great, I like the segmented Christmas tree and the vintage style of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you've learned a lot in 8 months. Congratulations on getting your card posted - it is gorgeous!

    Great idea to get involved in challenges - it sometimes helps to have a deadline.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the CHristmas tree card, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to look back at the things we first made and to see how we've grown. I love your Christmas tree card. Your work is certainly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone - thank you for the wonderful comments. I do love looking back. It helps us see what strides we have taken.

    ReplyDelete