November 22, 2010

November Challenge by Sarah Cooper



Reader Sarah submitted her layout for the November Sketch Challenge.  She said, "I decided to use Sketch #2 with the Big Single Picture for William's Halloween Page.
I copied the 3 strips of paper but moved the photo over.  The Title 'Travel Log' is still there but the journalling is moved up under it.
I still have the 3 'clumps' of embellies.

This was a true Stash Dive Page!  I stamped the Boot Prints around the edges and across on the Card Stock base. (Stampin'Up!: Roughing It).  I've have had this sheet of patterned paper for 4 years or more, last of a kit.

I always have keys (luvs me some keys!) and used postage stamps around.

I really like how well the real stamps went over and around the ones already on the patterned paper.  The Magnifier 'Dish' has been in my stash for at least 3 years, last of a set of 3.  The squished fly sticker has been kicking around forever too... lol, I never knew what to do with a Flat Fly!

I always thought 'ewwwwww!' every time I'd run across it while digging.  I really love challenging myself to use what I have... this page was perfect for that!

Journalling:
October 31st 2010, The famed explorer William Russett set out in search of the treasure known as "Halloween Candy" in an ancient ritual known as 'Trick or Treating". It was a long cold journey but
he came back triumphant!
Posted by Picasa
Now it's your turn to take the challenge.  See all the details in November Challenge below.  Don't miss our Pagerize This Challege #4 or our Design Team Call - details below.

6 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I am loving the layers!! Choice of papers is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love how you stayed true to the sketch with one photo! Thanks for submitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout!! I love the postage stamps and your journaling is very clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is great and how cool that you were able to use stash! You did the sketch proud!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you chose to go with the photo. It's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout! I like your take on the sketch and how you used your stash.

    ReplyDelete