November 25, 2010

November Challenge by Stacy H-W



Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the November Sketch Challenge.  She said, "I took the opportunity to make this layout while I was in Bellevue, WA at CKC. I knew we would be going to the evening crops so I put together my own little "kit" of pp and embellies, I printed out the sketch and off we went.

I've been wanting to make a layout using some pictures I took of my kids bobbing for apples. A perfect fall activity (if you don't mind all the germs! lol).

Anyway, this sketch just seemed to work perfectly.

I decided to change out the flowers and use leaves instead. They just seemed to go so much better with the great Scenic Route paper I used. I used 3 of the Sonoma line, Oak Lane, Rosalie Street and Scrap Strip 3.

I found the fun chipboard leaves in my stash (not sure who they are from??) The chipboard alphas are from My Minds Eye, their Dear Santa collection. I just inked them with some brown ink to help make them stand out on the patterned leaf paper.

I added a few jewels from my stash. I put some Stickles on a few of the leaves and added that fun paper clip.

The die cut journaling paper is from a sweet notebook by Bo Bunny that my friend, Denise gave me.


So there you go, my take on the November sketch challenge. Where's yours?  See all the details on how you can take the challenge in the November Challenge post below.

8 comments:

  1. I just love this layout hun very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your gorgeous leaves :)) What a perfect Fall layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great fall colors - love how you used the leaves as your embelishments and how you made them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flowing movement that the leaf embellishments provide. They really make the leaf paper pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors & the leaves are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patterned paper is great for this layout! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fall layout, I especially like your curved title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute layout! I really like all your different leaves and how you altered them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete