July 15, 2016

July Sketch +3 Challenge ~ Guest Designer Carolyn Johnson

Hello and Happy Friday!
What a great way to kick off the weekend by revealing our 
July Sketch +3 Sketch Challenge!
The Challenge:
Create a layout inspired by the sketch above and 
YOU MUST choose at least one item from each list.
Example: Sangria, Twine, Uniball Pen

Mix it up anyway you want as long as you have at least (1) item from each row.
When posting your layout, you must include in your write up what items you used,
to be considered for the random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines

Entries are due: July 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Here's the prize you are playing for this month:

And the fabulous inspiration we are sharing with you today was
inspired by the challenge, and created by our
July Guest Designer
Carolyn Johnson

"Sweet Girl"
Carolyn shared this with us about her layout:
"I began this layout with the Fancy Pants Me-ology kit as it has mini folders that I had no idea how to use. From there I chose two pictures that would match. I used Simple Stories frames, twine around the quote at the bottom and a Uniball pen for the journaling. I really thought a lot about the background as I have some awesome Teresa Collins stencils but after making my cluster, I decided to sew the background like the picture. I'm so glad I did because I never would've come up with this idea without the sketch. I found some tags I liked in the kit so I had to move the title for balance. It is from Creative Embellishments with some black embossing. Thank-you - I've enjoyed being a guest designer this month!

Now it's your turn!
Make sure you upload your layout on the side bar before July 29th! 

Have a great weekend!

5 comments: