July 13, 2016

Introducing New Design Team Member, Aurélie Cormier

Hello and welcome to another day of our Design Team Introductions!!!
Please join us in welcoming another new member to our team,
talented designer,
Aurélie Cormier

Welcome aboard Aurélie, we are excited to have you on the team and looking forward to the 
fascinating inspiration you will be sharing with us!

"I originally hail from Cheticamp, a beautiful Acadian village right on the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Studying in Moncton, I quickly fell in love with New Brunswick and have been a permanent resident since 2005. I now reside in Dieppe with my husband, Mathieu, our almost eight-year old son, Louis-Olivier, our two-and-a-half year old daughter, Éloïse, and our cat, Caillou. Since 2007, I am a public servant by day and a full-fledged scrapper by night. Scrapbooking has become an integral part of my life. I try doing something scrapbook-related every day, may it be working on a layout, browsing through online galleries or catching up on my favorite scrappy blogs. Published in a few editions of Canadian Scrapbooker, in France's own Histoires de Pages, and most recently in Scrapbook & Cards Today, my style has been known to be called "rustic", which is fine by me as it enables me to relish in fattening things up with layers, dimension, tearing and texture. Other than scrapbooking, I have rekindled a romance with reading through a monthly book club I joined at work in February 2012. I also tutor, teach voice classes and sing most weekends at a few church services around the area."
Aurelie's Blog: Rustic Scraps

And here is Aurelie's first SOS Design Team reveal.
Her lovely layout was inspired by the
July Book Inspired Stash Challenge

"Love You"
Aurelie:
"SO excited to share my very first SOS reveal with you all!! As soon as I saw this book cover challenge, my eye was immediately drawn to one thing - the color scheme. It brought me way back to my early days of scrapbooking and to a specific Basic Grey collection, Kioshi (c. 2009). Remember that one? ;) And for me, playing with at least 5 different patterned papers was right up my alley. Layering is actually one of my favorite scrappy things to do! How many pieces do I have on this layout? Let me count for you... 1, 2, 3... Wowzers! A whole whopping NINE!! I not only coordinated the Basic Grey patterned papers, but I also added a few other pieces by My Mind's Eye and Ruby Rock-It. And that piece of ruled paper? I've had that in my stash from my very first years of scrapbooking, but I have no idea who manufactured it. Would L-O-V-E to find some more, though... Hee!Hee! ;) What else did I add on my layout? A Stampin' Up corduroy button (my round embellishment for this challenge!), puffy stickers and alphas from Basic Grey's Kioshi collection, title elements by Jillibean Soup (I lightly painted that one with some Shimmerz Dazzlerz) and American Crafts, a heart-shaped wood veneer piece by Studio Calico, Making Memory staples, ink splats using Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, and good ol' fashioned hand-stitching using a Bazzill Basic stitching template and some DMC floss. And finally, I couldn't help but adding the title of the book as part of my journalling for my sweet girl - "Oh, the places you'll go!" Indeed.

Hope I inspired you to dig deep in your stashes to finds some true treasures to use for this challenge. Happy scrapping!"

And here's a look at our challenge that inspired Aurelie's layout:
For complete challenge details and rules, click HERE

We appreciate your visit today.  We will be introducing our last team member
tomorrow, so we hope to see you again tomorrow.  
Enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment: