July 8, 2016

Introducing New Design Team Member, Michelle Henderson

Happy Friday!!!
It's time to meet another one of our new Design Team members!
Today we are honored to introduce to you talented Designer
Michelle Henderson
"Hi everyone I'm Michelle and I'm from the shaky South Island in New Zealand!

I live in Christchurch (which had a major earthquake in 2011 that we're all still slowly recovering from), with my husband of 31 years, 2 teenage daughters that I love but drive me batty sometimes, and 2 psychotic cats. My poor hubby is outnumbered 5 to 1 as even the cats are girls! 

I've been scrapping for around 15 years although it's just in the last couple of years that I've discovered what a huge online community there is for scrappers. I can spend hours "window" shopping online, checking out techniques on YouTube, finding things I like on Pinterest, reading blogs and updating my own blog. I love competing in online challenges as they always give a "push" to get those photos on to layouts and then into albums.

I'm also on the design team for my local scrapbook store The Paper Teapot.

I was super pumped to be invited on to the Scrap Our Stash design team, and I hope that I can inspire you to create, create, create!"

Michelle we are excited to have you on our team and looking forward to all of the beautiful inspiration you will creating to share with us!
Welcome to the Scrap Our Stash Team!

Now it's time to check out Michelle's first SOS reveal
which was inspired by the
June Book Inspired Sketch Challenge

"A Brilliant Day"
Michelle:
"I was inspired to use a photo of one of our recent holidays when we went to the southernmost tip of the South Island. I know our girls are going to travel so much further than we ever have, but we want to show them some of our country before they head overseas for themselves.

I've used a paper range from Cocoa Vanilla called "Colour Me Happy", I love the way these papers co-ordinate so it was easy to use 5 patterned papers...and the colours are so bright and cheerful like the book cover. 

For the round embellishment I've pressed a bottle cap in my cuttlebug, added an epoxy sticker inside it, and popped the whole lot on top of a fussy cut flower shape. But I couldn't stop there! I love my Tim Holtz circle stamps, and enamel dots are pretty much a given on most of my pages.

I can't wait to see what you will come up with!"


Here's a look at the challenge that inspired Michelle's layout.
Click HERE for complete challenge rules and details.
We appreciate your visit today and hope that you return tomorrow to meet
our next designer and to see what she has created to inspire you.

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment