February 20, 2012

February Leap Challenge by Ange


Design Team Member Ange submitted this project for the February Leap Challenge. She said:


This month the challenge is LEAP and you are to interpret it however you want. So I leapt into a project. I'm really more of a layout girl, so projects don't happen often around here. I really love doing them tho, so it's about time I added in a few more don't you think? Being the month of Valentine's and watching my TEENage daughter chow down on a mini hershey's bar made me think about the upcoming Vday parties my younger kids would need Valentine's for and there you go, project idea in mind. So I gathered my supplies: candy bars, stamps, stamp ink, scissors, glue, pop-dots, super old Valentine papers (Scenic Route anyone? but still so cute!) and my ever handy trimmer (not in photo) and went to work.First I determined the length of the paper wrap by measuring around the bar and adding enough to have the papers overlap plenty so I could double up on the glue-ing (which was 3 3/4 an inch), then I measured the width (2 1/2 inches) and used my scallop trimmer blade to cut the papers (I'm thinking any border punch or decorative edge scissors would be fun for this too). Add glue to the edges, wrap paper around the bar and press (the bars slide out easily as my 2yr old has proven). Then stamp and cut or punch your wanted embellishments, glue and pop-dot them to the paper and you're done! I planned to let my kids add their own To/From on the bigger hearts, so I stamped and cut them out and they're waiting on the kids to fill them out before I add them to the bars (or let the kids). But there you have it. Super simple and fun, handmade Valentine with a sweet treat inside. These would be great for nearly any holiday, birthday party treats, thank you's the list could go on and on.


:)Ange http://scrappingcompulsion.blogspot.com/


Now it's your turn to take the February LEAP Challenge. The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Super cute project! I did candy wrappers for vday too! My kids loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Ange. I use to do more crafty projects a while back and I'm like you, I like doing them, I just haven't done many except for layouts. This was a great idea. Simple, yet very nice. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We dont do much with the kiddies over here for V day but I love this project. It could be turned into a great Easter project too. Love that heart stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and I'm sure the kids will love them. Here in Scotland we don't make candy wrappers for kids parties ... we do little treat bags instead ... and like Jeanie says kids don't have Valentine's Day parties. The mention of the Hershey bar reminded me of Hershey Kisses ... they were my favourite choc during my year long stay in MA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet - you did a great job. I'm sure the kids loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat treats! I like the scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete