February 23, 2012

February Leap Challenge by Elizabeth



Design Team Member Elizabeth contributed a few more layouts for the February Leap Challenge.  She said:

I have another two layouts that you might want to consider as the photographs I’ve used refer to a very special Leap Year for me.

The first page records our Leap Year wedding - Alan proposed in February 1996 and we married in July of that year – and it was in fact my first attempt at a layout, only months after discovering scrapbooking too. I used a kit – Anna Griffin – with instructions but I couldn’t have chosen a more difficult one for a complete beginner! For the backing I had to cut strips of PP and weave them together – not as easy as it sounds to get perfect. Needless to say I wasn’t too happy with it when finished so put it away and forgot about it for several years. Years later I revisited this layout and realised that all it needed was a few appropriate embellishments. So after adding the flowers, butterflies and pearl flourishes I found I liked it a whole lot better.


The second layout of the boat was only created this week but the photographs were also taken in 1996 when we were returning from our honeymoon in the Highlands of Scotland. We were passing Loch Lomond and stopped for a last, lingering look and discovered this little beach and the boat. The base of the layout is Kraft cardstock and the papers are from K&Co. This is the first layout where I’ve handwritten the journaling around the edge of the page.


For more information on my source of inspiration and a complete list of materials used visit my blog at http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com


Elizabeth

Now it's your turn to take the February LEAP Challenge. The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts Elizabeth!! I love the weaving pp on the first one. And journaling around the page on the second!! Both are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! Love the pearls on the first and the blue on the 2nd. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts Elizabeth! The colors are so soothing and are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great - you did a great job with all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to be married in a leap year!Your pages are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty layouts! I like the colors and the pearls.

    ReplyDelete