February 12, 2012

February Leap Challenge by Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this project for the February Leap Challenge.  She said:

Since the theme this month at Scrap Our Stash is all about taking a leap (and this is a Leap Year), I thought I would share something that I just ventured into. I never thought I would try Project Life. It seemed like a daunting task to add it to my long list of photos that I want to scrap. During the past month, I have been reading various designer blogs and admiring all of the neat little pockets and pages filled with  journal cards,photos, mementos and memories. I finally decided to take the leap and try out Project Life sometime in mid-January. I am not using it in place of my scrapbook pages, but rather, as a way to introduce and supplement each month. So the plan is to make the PL pages for each month, then later on, print out the best photos for the month so I can scrapbook those stories in more detail.

So now that I had decided to begin project life, I was faced with the decision of what products I would use. Buying a project life kit was not an option for my budget. I can see how it would have made things a whole lot easier for me, but well...maybe next year. I was happy to find that I had a whole set of  those divided page protectors in one of my albums. I had always struggled to use them with my regular pages. So now, I am happy they will get some use. I decided that, for the cards, I would cut my own from my stash. Each month, I will make a kit from my stash of supplies. It might take me a little more time than reaching for an item from a pre-made kit, but it will sure be fun.



papers- My Mind's Eye
Pink paislee ticket, stickers, border and alphas by Echo park
Jenni Bowlin journal spot
MME chipboard journal spot, star, tag
MME border
Maya road sheer calendars and trim
October Afternoon buttons
Twinery twine in cappucino
Crate paper photo croners
Sassafrass alphas
 Though I may have gotten a late start, I am not too far behind. I have my title page and the first page for January. My PL pages will be more about monthly happenings rather than weekly ones. So I think it will be easy to complete each month.  I always like to make an introductory page for each album. However, finding the right photo for those can be a struggle. The PL pages will be a nice substitute and an easy way to divide up my albums in a way that makes sense. Hopefully, this will translate to more pages and more stories to be shared in my albums.

Now it's your turn to take the February LEAP Challenge. The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.

10 comments:

  1. Love the way you cut part of a die cut page for your top portion. Have fun with your project life! Sounds like a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, and a great leap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start to a Project Life album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your album is gorgeous! I'm doing the same thing this year. I did the photo a day thing a couple of years ago & it became too much. I think a monthly 2 page spread will be so much easier. I actually had a Project Life kit from a couple of years back that I had never used. I think we're on the right track! I'm not ready to give up on regular layouts yet either! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love the idea of project life. What a great way to document our every day. I love what you did here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy,
    What an great start to your PL album! I think this will be a wonderful compliment to regular scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Christy what a great idea to make your own kits up and to start your Life project book. Love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, this is such a great idea! I do would like to try the Project Life concept, but have too many supplies on hand (and no budget) to begin something new. Thanks for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea - love how you were able to use your stash instead of investing in more stash!

    ReplyDelete