February 8, 2012

February LEAP Challenge by Erin

Guest Design Team Member Erin submitted this layout for the February Leap Challenge. She said:


When asked to do a "Leap" themed layout, I took the challenge literally and these photos of my oldest child Wyatt instantly came to mind. Close to our house is a gravel pit way back in the woods. It was Wyatt's most favorite place to go this last summer! Along with his brother Gunner (and me pregnant with my daughter Aspen), we would take the four wheeler out there and he just had the greatest time throwing rocks in the water and climbing on the big boulders to see if he was daring enough to jump off of them :). I also took a personal "leap" and allowed the focus of this layout to be on the photos, rather than the embellishments (I generally cram quite a bit of product onto a page...). I used the beautiful "Memoir" collection from Studio Calico. The colors fit so perfectly with my photos.
So what does "leap" bring to your mind? I hope you all have the chance to join in on this challenge!
http://scrappin-sisters.blogspot.com

Now it's your turn to take the February LEAP Challenge. The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful layers and texture. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and folding and tearing of the papers. I wouldn't have guessed there was a lack of embellishing here, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the tearing along the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Erin the papers really compliment your beautiful photos. Love all the layers and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The distressing is fabulous. I love the colour palette. The blue is a wonderful way to add some pop to your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - your distressing is incredible. Super job.

    ReplyDelete