July 24, 2011

July Red, White, and Blue Challenge by Missy


Design Team Member Missy submitted this layout for the July Red, White & Blue Challenge.  She said:

Since my oldest son played for the Cubs this spring, this month's challenge was perfect for scrapping this photo!


I cut the strips of paper from scraps from his last baseball layout that I did, plus an old scrap of paper that was from a 4th of July collection. I machine stiched around the edges with some red thread. I used some Cuttlebug embossing folders to make the stars and then just fussy cut around the embossing. The title is cut from the Cricut cartridge, Sans Serif. I added some red staples, and some red and blue brads to finish the page.


Now it's your turn to take the July Red White and Blue Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

7 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I love the stars in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layout, I love the concentration on your son's face! Great embellies with the staples and brads, K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strips are really eye-catching!! Love all the white space!! -- Perfect balance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple but very stunning page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo! Love the stars and the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool page - perfect for this photo.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete