July 23, 2011

July Red, White & Blue Challenge by Sarah

I'm a bit late getting my project in this month, but that worked out for the best...
I was honestly fuddled on the color scheme. My 1st thought was nautical but really had nothing ~pop~ with that. I'm Canadian so our holiday is Red & White hold the Blue. ;O) Then I thought: Because we're still (yes still *le sigh*) renovating the upstairs the 4 boys and I have been pretty much confined to the main floor during the weekdays, resulting in lots of kitchen activities. One of the things I'm teaching them this summer is all about Canning, figured a layout was due! Since I held off doing my page I was able to get some 'fresh' canning (har,har) pictures for this layout.

The checkered paper is 2 6X6 pieces laid beside each other out of a Making Memories 6X6 pack I've had forever, all red white & blue, had no idea what to do with it...
Thank Goodness for Scrap Our Stash!
The 'Blue Ribbon' is cut out with a SLICE, from the same paper pack, then inked and layered. The Center is popped up with some leftover Stampin' Up! Rubber & Foam (from trimmed stamps), then coated in 3D Crystal lacquer to get that 'button' look. The hanging ribbons were free hand cut.
Printed the Journaling off then punched the 'spiral notebook' border on the tops. Also folded each of them and rubbed 2 different browns on to make them look 'used and read'.
Lastly a bit of vintage Ric Rac from the sewing stash.
Result: Country Style Canning Goodness!





Now it's your turn to take the July Red, White & Blue Challenge.  You could be chosen for our September Guest Design Team.  See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down.  Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday!

8 comments:

  1. Canning looks delicious. :-) Love the blue ribbon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cozy feel of the page. Wonderful paper choice and I love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card foods look so yummy...I haven't had any canned preserves in decades. One of the things I miss from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and a great topic to scrap! Love the look of all those cans, they look delicious. K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you aged your paper! It's the perfect look for this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some super tasty looking photos! Love your layered ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you really put a lot of time and energy into this - what a great way to remember your canning experience. Love how you did the journaling and aged it!

    ReplyDelete