July 14, 2011

July Red, White & Blue Challenge by Ange


Guest Design Team Member Ange submitted this layout for the July Red, White & Blue Challenge. She said:

What a perfect challenge for July! So I went thumbing through my stash and found a Pink Paislee Starlight kit that's been there since at least this time last year, maybe longer. Then I went looking for some fireworks photos, instead I happened upon a 5X7 of my son's 1st bday photo shoot. There he was in his little baseball outfit and all I could think is "Baseball is America's favorite past time" and my little boy just loves balls, bats, batting helmets, throwing. He'll even watch baseball on tv and cheer with the crowd. First I picked the red/white starred paper for the photo mat and tore it. Then I picked the dotted blue pp for the side and tore that. I added the starred, blue sticker strip next but left the stars out to add as embellies elsewhere. I picked my title which was originally going to be 100% American because I wanted to use that 100% rub-on I've had forever, but I liked the look of All American better so I added a journaling sticker and put the rub-on there. I grabbed a Heidi Swapp ghost star I had to use but it blended in so well that I used a craft knife and cut a journaling sticker into a star to help it pop. The ghost sticker is attached to the top of the sticker, a smaller star to the top of that and I inked the edges. I used red staples to give the star strip a grounded look, outlined the stars in the strip and the title in red, inked the edges of the entire lo, added name and date under the photo and few more star embellies to finish it off. Thanks so much Kathy for letting me guest dt!
:)Ange

Now it's your turn to take the July Red, White & Blue Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Love the baseball theme and that adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photo! I love the torn photo frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I really loved this challege!!! Very fun!
    http://scrappingcompulsion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable photo! I love the torn papers and your paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used this challenge! Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, both the photo and the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely page, I love all the different textures you have used. Great photo as well, very cute! K x

    ReplyDelete