July 4, 2011

Pagerize Joni by Christy

A very short time ago, we had a very sick cat. He had several surgeries and fought off severe infections and complications from kidney crystals. At one point, we thought we would lose him. In January, I got these photos of him trying to take the cone off of his head. It was one of those defining moments when I knew he'd be ok. Boo was back to being his clown self. He has since gained back all of the weight he lost and his personality is as playful as it ever was. When I saw Joni's page, I knew it would be perfect for this series of photos featuring Boo's attempt's at taking his cone off.

papers- We R memory keeper's Grandma's kitchen
DMC floss
Colorbox chestnut roan ink
Basic Grey alpha stickers and cat ctickers from max and Whiskers line
Making Memories Tiny type alphas in choc. and white
Bic marc it in woodsy brown
I chose the papers for their fun, but cozy feel. I stitched under some of the title words to add some emphasis to them. The brown marker was an inexpensive and fast way to add a little detail and a more finished feel to the base paper. I used adhesive foam to add a little dimension to the paisley's.
 Now it's your turn to find the right photos and papers so that you can play along with the Scrap Our Stash Pagerize This challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Awww! Poor kitty! Glad he's better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awee... he's not too happy eh? What a great page! really like that kitty sticker, it's poi-fect. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute!! I love those pictures! Great take on Joni's layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout Christy!! Cute Cat!! -- I'm excited that you found the "series" of pictures as some inspiration. I think I usually use 1 or 3 pics on a layout and 3 4x6's can be tricky and I usually end up having them in a row like this... I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love how you pagerized Joni - and your colors!

    ReplyDelete