February 20, 2011

February Challenge By Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the February Love Challenge.  She said, "Just us...the meaning of those two little words has changed so much over time. About ten years ago, it went from meaning just my husband and I to something more like "just we three" when my son came along. I like both, but I do want to share with my son what his parent's life was like when they first met. I don't have a lot of photos of that time period. The one I found for this page is one of those rare few.

Of course, one of the first design elements that came to mind when making a page around this photo was "hearts." So I cut several of them out in a variety of colors from a Colorbok kit.  3-D foam really made the hearts and title pop. Pink fruit punch stickles added a little zing to the Colorbok alpha punchouts in the title.

based on Scraphappy.org's 15 minute page for December
The white Bazzill cardstock with embossed dots added some lovely texture to the page. I used my Martha Stewart punch across the bottom. I got out my trusty ruler and marker to pen a border, then added some hand stitching with my Sew Easy. Overall, it was a fast but fun page. I am working on page two which will be all journaling about the things we liked to do before having a child. Who knows...I might share it here with you (if it's not too mushy, that is). Now it's your turn to create a project centered around something or someone you LOVE, please share it with us, here, at Scrap Our Stash!  See all the details HERE.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower. Good luck with my giveaway. :) Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the hearts look sooo cool! The stitching on the sides looks awesome as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your stitched border and how the hearts pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! I love all the hearts and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page - love all the hearts and how you popped some of them up. Great way to capture family history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hearts are great and they've just given me an idea- thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the hearts are arranged & the stitching is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, I just love clean and simple layouts! I am diggin all the hearts and your journaling... Hope to see the second page...ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the heart clouds beneath your photo, somehow they really express the airiness of love! (In a good way! =D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this layout! This was an awesome way to us punches! I gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Layering of Luscious Hearts... (say that 5X fast! lol) Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all of the complements!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page -love the dotted background and the MS punch!

    ReplyDelete