February 18, 2011

February Challenge-Stacy H-W


Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the February Love Challenge.  She said:

When I first heard of the February Challenge I immediately knew what I would scrap. I decided to use the title of my favorite love song as inspiration for my layout.

That song is At Last by Etta James. I adore that song! And it went so well with my plans for this layout.

The subject of my layout is my dd. We waited almost 4 years to finally get to go to China and bring home our baby girl. This is a picture of her that was taken in China by her Foster Grandmother.

I used some gorgeous papers that I ordered online and have no idea where they are from!!!! (sorry) I pulled flowers from my stash and inked them up and layered them with other flowers from my stash. I took some white embellies and inked them in different colors to go with my layout better. A few brads, some fiber...and it came together so nicely.

So here is my February "LOVE" challenge....where is yours??!!  See all the details on how you can take the February Challenge HERE!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous layout. The paper and flowers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the embellies around the photo. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet story. Love the dragons, it adds to the chinese love that you have for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything came together beautifully... both getting your Daughter and the layout about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the papers. The fibers are a wonderful choice here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is awesome - the paper is so cool. I love how you did the title with the glitter - it gives the whole page an elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to ink your embellishments to match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your LO is gorgeous, that paper is awesome. Thank you for sharing your story about your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's adorable and so is the LO- love the choice of paper and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!! Love that paper ..it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a magnificent layout! I really like the paper and the rick rack style embellishments. She's a gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet little girl - and such a pretty page to show how special she is!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete