February 9, 2011

Pagerize Gemiel by Christy

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

Design Team Member Christy took Gemiel's Pagerize This Challenge.  Christy said:

I have had these photos for years. I guess they have been waiting for the perfect paper to scrap them with. At first, I was saving my Echo Park " Life is Good" papers for scrapbooking our current home. However, I reminded myself that new papers will come along shortly and I will inevitably want those...so therefore, use what I have now. Especially if what I have now inspires me.

I have been working on a family album for my son (and for future generations). Documenting the view from our first home seemed a perfect fit for this album. I think it will be fun to compare these photos, taken around the time we moved in, to photo of the day we moved out. When I saw Gemiel's page, I knew it's layout was a perfect fit for these photos showing the view from our front yard.


I also shared the story of how we bought this house. Would you believe our down payment was just $10? The market was pretty hot at the time. If you saw a house, you made an offer. This house was the third home we had looked at on our first day out. We knew it was a good investment. It had been a model home and the builder wanted to sell quickly so they could move on to a new community. I did not have the checkbook with me and the agent needed some sort of down payment to hold the home. So we gave her my husband's lunch money. It was the only cash we had on hand, but it did the trick!

Now it's your turn to take the Pagerize This Challenge.  See all the details at Pagerize this at Scrap Our Stash! OH...and if you are curious, here is our front yard:


The paper covers our address. Sometimes privacy is a good thing.;)
See all the details HERE on how you can take the Pagerize This Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea documenting your home, I'm in awe of the photos and how much space you have. I'm in England and my home looks much more like one of the tiny houses in your page strip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great layout! good choice on your echo park paper--i too like to hoard their paper, but i am forcing myself to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Christy!!! Funny story too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you were inspired, great pagerized layout and such a great story to document for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't want to save Echo Park papers?!? I am curently hoarding their Little Boy line!! Love you layout! Great take on Gemiel's layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovin' your take on the layout. The papers are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this - and what a great page to use your "special paper" on. Love how you made it a 2 pager too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, what a great idea to scrap about your home for future generations. I love the story of your down payment!! So cute. You've inspired me to go take a picture of our house and scrap it!! Be on the look out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this paper, you've inspired me to break into mine! Great story too about the $10 down payment, wish they did that today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great story! love the LO too- nice papers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the papers you chose! Great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paper! And awesome inspiration! I think I'm going to lift your idea and get to work on scrapping our first house! I'll have to get to work on finding awesome papers like yours though!

    ReplyDelete