February 4, 2011

February Challenge by Christine E.



Design Team Member Christine E. submitted this layout for the February Love Challenge. She said, "I've had this photo of my youngest son, Elliott since last Summer, he had just turned 14 and was in full swing teenage mood but still loveable! I've used a heart as a mask and sprayed the kraft paper with Chalkboard White Glimmer Mist. All the other papers are My Minds Eye - Be Loved and the embellishments are bits and bobs from my odd box. The puzzle piece is actually from an old jigsaw we had in the house which I've covered. I still could not resist adding a butterfly or two!


Many thanks

Christine

Posted by PicasaNow it's your turn to take the February Challenge - See all the details HERE!

15 comments:

  1. Christine, I think your masking is superb!! It works so well on your layout and that white on the kraft paper is perfection!! And what a great way to repurpose that puzzle piece. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the bingo piece--that is just way too cute! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo! Love how you'v embellished around it to make it the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the bingo card as a photo mat and all your fun embellishments. I even spotted a shipping tag in there. The masking looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the misting and the embellishments you have used

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the misting through the heart mask. It is perfect element for your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's adorable!! I love the mask and all the embellies!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is really nice - I love the colors you used and also your embellishments!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great LO, your Glimmer Mist looks awesome and I love all your embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this has the butterflies, hearts and flowers yet has such a masculine feel. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your cluster of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous misting! This is a gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is absolutely gorgeous. the mask is such a fabby idea and a great way of keeping it masculine w/ the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great layout! I love the way you pulled so many different embellishments together to make a very cohesive layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet picture of your son. Love all your embelishments and how you clustered them.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete