February 13, 2011

February Challenge by Wendy

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.



Here is my February Challenge layout. I used the word Love as my title for this layout of Stephanie with her new baby sister. I really dug into my stash for this layout. I think the patterned paper may have been from the Target Dollar Spot at least a year ago, the scalloped baseboards are from when a local scrapbook store closed years ago, and the eyelets and brads are even older. The rick rack is from a bag I found at a rummage sale!

I am not one for empty space on a layout or just plain cardstock so I filled the white cardstock space with heart-shaped eyelets to create my own patterned paper. I painted the chipboard border with a pink base topped with a coat of specialty glaze.

Now, let's see your Love-themed layout or card!  See all the details on how you can take the challenge HERE!

12 comments:

  1. that is so cute wendy--your picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet photo and I love how you framed it with the ric-rac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty!! Love that vertical circle border w/the flowers...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use your heart eyelets! Such a sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful page! It's nice to use up older stash and you did a fabulous job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you created the "patterned paper" with the heart eyelets. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great photo to scrap for a love lO- way to work your stash on this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy how creative to use the eyelets on the white paper to make it a pattern. You did an awesome job on this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh the eyelets on the white cardstock is genius! love it. and i can't believe how much stash you used in your LO! your picture and LO really spells out LOVE! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious page - and how great is that that you were able to use STASH! Such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet photo! Pretty layout and great use of your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute photo! I love the use of LOVE stacked like that! Great use of your brads too!

    ReplyDelete