February 21, 2011

February Challenge by Tracy


Design Team Member Tracy submitted this project for the February Love Challenge. She said:

Our family recently moved from Minnesota to Arizona leaving behind my entire side of the family. And since living here my family seems to have gotten more involved with our kids and also making sure that they keep in touch with them. But my Grandma Jessie (who raised me much of my life) has never missed any birthday or holiday and she often calls just to talk on the phone with the kids. All of them, even my one year old gets to talk to her. She amazes me how she is able to sit and chat with them even when it's about something that she really doesn't understand but she is amazing. And so on Valentine's Day I send her a care package from us. It is never the same thing, sometimes it's gift cards but no matter what it is it comes with something handmade in it. This year I decided to pull out one of those mailboxes from Target's dollar spot that I just had to have, but never used. And filled it with candy. But it still was missing something special from each of us so I had the kids draw a picture, write a letter and record a song that she sings to them onto a cassette tape or something that they wanted to say to her (it was hard finding a cassette recorder! thank goodness for thrift stores!). This project was the most detailed and planned out project that I have done in years for her but it was because I love her dearly!






Supplies

Patterned papers-Chatterbox

Rub on-American Crafts

Ribbon-Unknown?

Button-Basic Grey

Deer stamp-unknown/unsure

handwritten greeting

Heart stick-Dollar Tree

Twine-Walmart brand

Now it's your turn to take the February Love Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. wow! what a great story and the care package is just so incredible! you did an awesome job and that deer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your grandmother enjoyed this - and how special that she makes such a point of staying in touch with the kids. Great way to pull out that STASH too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she loved it! What a great thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I know she loved it all!! That dear stamp is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be a fabulous care package for anyone to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Wow. Lost for words- Lucky her and lucky you-

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable... and a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy this is just so sweet and thoughtful and I am sure she LOVED IT so much. Things mean so much more when you add love. Great sentiment too ROCKED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sweet! It's an amazing gift and a great way to use your talents to really make someone else's day! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-You so much for sharing such a personal project with us. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a thoughtful and thoroughly awesome gift!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice package to send and a great idea for the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete