February 26, 2011

February Challenge by Roxanne

/


Reader Roxanne submitted this layout for the February Love Challenge. She said:


Hi there, I hope you enjoy this layout for the February "Love" Challenge! I had a great time using some new techniques to make it. I made my own background paper using Distress Ink and Glimmer Mist. The cupid frame is an image from Graphics Fairy that I printed on photo paper and then sponged with the same ink used for the background paper. I hand stitched, gathered, and glued the burgundy ribbon before layering it with a velvet piece of ribbon. I also cross-stitched some X's in the corners with the same colour thread. The silver buckle on the black ribbon is from my mom's ancient stash of buttons I "borrowed" from her, and don't you just love the winged heart? It's made from Grungeboard inked with Distress Inks and brushed with Perfect Pearls. This is the first time I've ever used a gem fluorish, and I love it - I'll definitely be buying more of these in the future! And that's about it! You can find more info on supplies on my blog at: http://roxyrolla.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-layout-challenge-9-love.html
Thanks a lot,
Roxanne

Now it's your turn to take the February Love Challenge. Better hurry - this ends tomorrow. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Stunning LO. Love how all those new techniques worked for you... you rocked this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors! =D (Ok, so they were my wedding colors, call me biased!) I especially like the buckle on the black ribbon and the flourish of gems! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the challenge. So many wonderful little touches to your page that add up wo wonderful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you put a lot of work into this one - and it shows! Great job.

    Thanks for playing along with us here at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Roxanne..this is beautiful!! Love the rich colors & wonderful touches!! Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxanne, awesome,awesome job!! I just love all the details on this lo! So happy to have you here sharing your scrappy creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really captured a romantic feeling in your layout!

    ReplyDelete