February 28, 2011

February Challenge by Laurie


Reader Laurie submitted this layout for the February Love Challenge. She said:


Thanks for yet another fun challenge. I have attached my take on the February Love challenge.


This is a page of my two sons. These are their school pictures and I have been hanging on to them for months, trying to figure out how to scrap them. This is what I came up with.
I used StampinUp paper for the base and the newspaper like paper is from my stash, I love this paper. I inked the edges and drug some ink on the paper itself, I also crinkled up the paper to make it look vintage. I used Recollection Gemstone for the two picture frames. I cuttlebugged the frames with the Heritage folder. Cuttlebug has folders to match cricut cartridges, so this one matches the Heritage Cartridge. I used the Heritage cart for the title. The tickets are Tim Holtz Adage Tickets. I also cuttlebugged them with the Divine Swirls folder.

Thanks for another great challenge. Your blog is so much fun and gets the creative juices flowing!!
Lauriehttp://serenityscrappers.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the February Love Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. very cute! love the tim holtz tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inking on your page! I really like the embossing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies! I had great fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such very hand some boys with a great page to complement their photos! I especially like the way you made your title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go laurie..This really is a great page. What a nice way to display the boys pics. I'm loving all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Laurie!! Really like the ticket accents...very eye catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool layout Laurie! Love the tickets and how you stitched on those pp's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of those school pictures. I like how you were able to use both pictues on the same page. Your color choice is perfect and all the stitching adds so much to your layout.

    Thanks for playing along with us here at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout, I like how the words are strung together along the top.

    ReplyDelete