February 10, 2011

February Challenge by Ren-Yi

Scrap Our Stash's February challenge is to do a Love project. Go read all about it! With February and Valentine's Day just around the corner, this is the perfect project to put some color and warmth into our icy, cold winter days. I'm ready for the ice to just go away - every where I look at our flat New Jersey landscape, I see a bunch of snow mountains. Time for them to go away.

So here is my contribution by celebrating "Love" :)


I Love You


The heart is crocheted from my stash of scrap yarn. Here an up-close look:

I Love You

I used the same frame concept, inspired by the lovely Princess Belinda but instead of it being stamped, I drew mine out with pencil, pierced the frame, and back-stitched the entire thing with black thread.

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday. http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/2011/02/february-challenge.html

12 comments:

  1. Your heart is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I saw a pattern for a heart like that but I haven't tried it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable heart, I would love to be able to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! that heart is amazing--it adds the perfect amount of texture and color for the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the handmade embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and simple. Love how you used the crocheting and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of this card!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, I wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simple colors and design of your card. The stitching is beautiful and so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest heart! I admire anyone who can crochet; mine always looks like a 2-year old did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so clever- I can knit but crochet is beyond me- I'm very jealous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Ren-Yi! Love how evenly you crochet! Someday, I'll sit still long enough for you to teach me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete