February 11, 2011

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$

Design Team Member Missy had the following Frugal Friday Tip to share:

I don't always pay attention when I am cutting out stuff with my Cricut. I forget to adjust the blade depth alot! If a cut won't punch out cleanly, turn it over to the back side and use some sandpaper to thin out the paper. You may have to do it a couple of times to get it punched out, but it will save you alot of time over using a craft knife and the chance that you will ruin cut!


Do you have a frugal tip you'd like to share?  Just email a picture (if possible) and your tip to scrappinpsycho@live.com .  Your tip could be featured as a future Frugal Friday Tip. 

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - I don't have a Cricut - but occasionaly have this problem with a die cut. I'm going to have to try this.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that a million times! Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try this next time too! The other thing that I found that has saved me from trashing a lot of paper is the free Cricut Cutting Guide from Above Rubies Studios. I'm sure with some googling you can find it too! It's awesome because it gives you all of the settings for you paper based on the brand and what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete