January 31, 2011

Stephanie's "Love"-ly February Challenge


Cover of the "I love you!" book



You try new things, and get an award!
 I've been working on a project for weeks that I'm very excited to share with you! For Valentine's Day I made my dear hubby a book called "10 reasons why I love you" and I'm sharing my favorite pages here!
The cover is two sheets of cardstock attached to a piece of chipboard. Before attaching the white paper, I used red tape around the edges of the chipboard and adhered the red ribbon to make a nice edge. The heart stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the letters are from my stash.

You love me! My favorite page!
 I used the biggest die in the Spellbinders Label 1 nestabilities set to make the pages. I then used the smallest die to create a cut out to highlight a word and highlight some love themed patterned paper. This is the first book I've ever made by cutting the pages out and I like the way it turned out! For the "You try new things" page, I tried to make it look like he was getting an award for being so adventurous. (I tried to make the page match the saying.) And for the "You love me" page, I figured that was awesome enough to stand on it's own! (I'll be featuring all 10 pages, his card, cake, and a sweet little surprise on my blog. Think of it as the 14 days of Valentine's!)
 What are you doing to show off love for the February Challenge? The whole month's ahead of you, won't you play along with us?

13 comments:

  1. very wonderful idea! your hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! What a lucky husband you have - sure he will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! What a fun Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for Valentine's day! He's going to love it :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious!! I bet he loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your husband will be delighted, I'm sure!! Super idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a wonderful gift and keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift!! I am sure he will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, what a fantastic idea--I'll have to remember that for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special gift! I love how you used the heart brads on the "You love me" page. And the layering of the book makes it simple and dramatic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just fantastic. i love love every bit of this book. so creative and i'm sure the hubster will love this.

    ReplyDelete