January 28, 2011

January Challenge by Laurie B.


Reader Laurie submitted this layout for the January New Challenge.  She said, "Good morning,
Attached please find my challenge I completed for the “new” challenge.

For my challenge I chose pictures of my hubby and I taken a few years back at a New England Patriot’s game we went to. The pictures are in a store nearby the stadium. We sat in a luxury box and we thought we were all that, and quickly realized we are diehard fans and need to be in the stands with the other diehard fans. We did manager to have a great time!!

I also used a “new” technique on this page, I used glimmer mist. I have had this forever and couldn’t figure out what layout I should use it on. I thought about these pictures and figured if I use white cardstock you would be able to see the glimmer mist. It worked well and I will use this more often (thank you for making me get this out!!).

I cut the banner using the design studio and welded it together, I used the Sports Mania cartridge for that. George and the Basic Shapes for my letters and everything else is from my stash!!


Thanks for an awesome blog and fantastic challenges!!!


Best regards,


Laurie
Posted by PicasaNow it's your turn to take the January New Challenge.  See all the details HERE!

12 comments:

  1. Love this page! the deign is great and I am loving the banner at the bottom! Good job with the Glimmer Mist, too. I need to get more use out of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be brave! I once *watched* a lady use glimmer mist at a crop but that's as close as I've come to using it! Glad you were able to use something new and dip into the stash for your great layout! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mister!!! (ok that sounds funny, huh?)... LOVE that you got it out and & tried it!! I really love that big 1/2 die cut!!! One of my fave things to do !! Great Job Laurie!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this page!! Go New England!! WOO HOO! I love the mist..Love the brads..the papers...and the welding on the banner is just awesome!! I just got some glimmer mist myself.. I'll have to brave it out and mist away!! Great job Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies. I had to so much fun making this page. I love this blog and the fun challenges. Get out your "misters' lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree that the seats you have can set the tone of the game. I am glad you had fun and thank you for submitting such a great page for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun layout!! Love your misting and the blue wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mist helps the title stand out! Great Job. I like how you cut the paper with the swirl lines going up. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! I love banners - and this was a great way to use yours!

    Thanks for sharing with us here at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ode to glitter mist! I love it too and it looks great on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bold colors on the white with the bit of misting... and the title, FAB!

    ReplyDelete