January 27, 2011

January Challenge by Christy

With Just 15 minutes ...give or take a few, you can make a complete page and find that you will like it. Lately, I have been trying out some 15 minute layout ideas from Scraphappy.org. If you are like me, you have more photos than you know what to do with. There is, after all, only so much time in the day and never enough of it. I do my best not to focus on whether or not I am behind or caught up with scrapbooking. It's supposed to be about enjoying the process and then enjoying those moments when you can share your stories with others. That being said, I do love the process...and sometimes I go overboard with it. How many times have you sat down to work and then enjoyed embellishing and moving everything around on the page to make it "just so"? I know that I can take hours on a page before I am happy with it!


Now, before I show you my page, I will admit that it took me a little over 15 minutes to do. I did not, take longer than 30 minutes though. This little experiment has allowed me to let go of my need to keep adding things to the page. Simple is the name of the game: a simple example, a simple set of supplies, a simple page....and voila!



October afternoon papers,Fancy Pants felt flower, colorbox white ink and crochet doily cut from place mat
 I was so glad to finish this page. It is page two of "Can I Have a Cup of Co?" which I made months ago. So now I challenge you to try something new and share it at Scrap Our Stash!  See all the detail HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome page and under 30 minutes, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a speed racer! I know it can take me HOURS to make a mini card, and I'm even worse with scrapbook pages! I especially love the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're fast. Don't think I've ever done a 30 min page. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing that you got it done so fast and that it looks so great! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Awesome! Even a simple layout like that can take me forever. lol I really have to try and start cutting back my scraptime into 1/2 hour or less like you did. It took my 3 days to finish a layout last week - too much. ugh. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - 30 minutes and such great results. It takes me that long to decided what pictures to use - then another 30 to choose the paper and on and on and on... I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your simple page looks great and I completely agree with you and may need to set my own time limit on pages for awhile.

    ReplyDelete