January 3, 2011

December Birthday Challenge by Marilyn


Posted by PicasaFormer Guest Design Team Member Marilyn submitted this layout for the December Birthday Challenge.  Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to get it posted until now.  Marilyn said, "This layout is using some old pictures. They aren't the greatest but it is a funny story. My husband & I both celebrate our birthdays in Dec. Every year, we host a table at the Annual Fair Hall Christmas Dance. It is a great party to share with a bunch of friends. Well, one year, Tom & I were thinking very much a like, evidently. We invited many of our friends to the dance. Then we BOTH went back and called everyone again to arrange a surprise birthday party for the other. All of our friends are great secret keepers because neither of us had any idea what the other was doing. We were pretty embarrassed but it was a great laugh, shared by all!! We have never tried to throw another surprise for the other since then...and I think we are both happy with that!"

9 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! I love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, Kathy did not just write that, I did. She was still signed in on my computer and I didn't notice it until after I posted it. I think that is the funniest story and I love the layout. I wonder if I will ever scrap again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful story!! I really like how you did your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story behind the page. The tree you chose are gorgeous. I also love the combination of brown, green and red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and love your little tree embellishments- so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story! Your layout is beautiful. The Christmas trees rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great memory to scrap. Love the trees and the stip journaling.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete