January 26, 2011

January Challenge by Danielle

Former Design Team Member Danielle submitted this project for the January New Challenge. She said, "this is a project that I completed to showcase my new house. Since HOME is the word I chose to be mine this year, I wanted to create something that allowed me to see it each day. I wanted to be reminded to be thankful that I have a nice home to be in and that Home is what I make of it.


I used leftover scraps of paper from another project to fill the spaces of the frame. The embellishments are pieces that I saved throughout the year from other projects. I cut apart a 4x6 photo of my new house to serve as the focal point of my frame. I used pattern tissue paper to create my rolled flower and added a pearl button for the center.


Thanks for the challenge-


Danielle


Thanks Danielle - it's great having you stop back in.


Now it's your turn to take the January New Challenge. See all the details HERE.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Wow - wonderful project! I love the way you used your photo, it really stands out. Also love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I just love it!! Great, great job!! Where did you get the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project and keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies for sharing my project.

    The frame was bought at my lss. I think it is 7 Gypsies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome! i have wanted to make one of these treys for awhile now--yours turned out great!!! love it;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle...great to see you again!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this..!! I've got a printers box "in progress" right now... LOVE yours...wondering if I'm making mine "too much"...?? Love how simple & clean yours is... so focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Danielle,

    Welcome back. I love this - it is just gorgeous! And what a great way to focus on your "word".

    Hope you'll become a regular around here again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely beautiful!!! You really did an awesome job. I love it and bet it looks awesome in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous!! You did a terrific job making us feel at home. I bet you love your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nice! I love your flower! Pretty house and a great idea. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing and I love how you divided the photo between 3 sections.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is awesome! I love those printer boxes and the embellies (the Maya Road Bingo Chips!) and the pop of color that the hearts give!!

    ReplyDelete