January 21, 2011

January Challenge by Debbie


Reader Debbie submitted this layout for the January New Challenge. She said, "Here is my New technique-I painted the whole background of my 2-page layout to represent the clothing that the skaters are wearing in the photos. I used 4 acrylic colors and did a graffati look. I then matted the photos and tore the edges in two spots and added a red cord to make it look like the skater's leggings . I am really happy about how this turned out and it was fun to do. I will be doing this technique to futurelayouts. http://debbiebakk.blogspot.com/2011/01/painting-on-project.html

Now it's your turn to take the January Challenge. See all the details HERE!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. great layout! love your new technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome technique and really captures the excitement and movement of ice skating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout!!! It looks so much like their outfits, perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance I loved the paper with your photos, then I read that you created the look yourself! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love paint on a layout! I really like how the paint strokes are very much like the scratchy ice after all that skating... it gives it movement. It's a gorgeous LO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever- love how everything ties together so well- brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome - and I love how you used the paint to make your paper match your pictures - soooo clever.

    I must try this some time.

    Thanks so much for sharing here at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your handpainted background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background papers complement the photos so well! This page really gives a feel of action!

    ReplyDelete