January 1, 2011

January Challenge - NEW TOOL - by Joni

Hi...guess what I got??   A We R Memory Keepers SEW EASY tool!!       What the heck is it??    Ok, so it's a tool that makes stitching on your layouts easier.   I bought the handle, which comes with the straight "head"...I also purchased 2 other heads that I thought were too hard to try to replicate on my own...  (I mean, I don't really need the Zig Zag head...I can do that myself with a ruler)
Here's a photo of what I got.  Now, I banded the 3 packaging together so I could save the "sample" stitching so this photo shows all 3 of my "heads".


So how did it work?   Well, let's just say that it "scored" the holes moreso than punched them...know what i mean?  But if I pressed hard enough to "punch" the paper, then it creased my paper.  So, I went with the scored holes and then just finished punching them with my needle.   For the layout below, I used the snowflake looking punch (the blue head) and white embroidery thread.  (WeR Mem sells their own, but any old brand will work just fine).  So here's my layout and a closeup of the stitching.




January Challenge


The January Challenge is to do a NEW project. This can be a layout, card, or any kind of project having to do with NEW. You may want to use the word new in your title, this could be about a new year's resolution - or could be a new technique or tool you

used to complete your project. The possibilities are endless. Just complete your project and send a picture along with a description to scrappinpsycho@live.com Your project will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash. The challenge will end at 6:00 PM on January 31st. A winner will be chosen and offered the opportunity to become a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March.

Can't wait to see your NEW project.

11 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute layout!! I have been thinking about one of these! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I've been wondering about this tool. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! I wanted one of these for a while now... but the price always turned me off. Glad to hear your review on it. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice layout! So nice to have someone try a new tool and share how well it works. The question is....would you buy it again? And are you happy with the results you got??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same tool. it takes a lot of getting used to and i have found I need to use the pink mat they sell with it for punching the holes properly. The mat helps a little with the page creasing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love stitching on LOs so this looks like a great tool- love the bright colours on black you have used on this LO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this tool!!!!!!!!!! Love your layout - and the stitching adds so much to it. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete