January 11, 2011

January Challenge by Missy



Happy New Year everyone! For this month's challenge, I made this layout about my goals for the new year. This layout is way out of the norm for me. It has no pictures and it's very girlie! I also do not usually scrap about me or my thoughts, but I enjoyed working on this! And I love how it turned out! I was able to use up some paper and embellies that I have had in my stash forever! I didn't have any black flowers or ribbon that worked with this layout so I had to make some. You can check out my video on how I did that.







This was the first time that I have included a stick pin in my layout. Now that I have found out how easy these are to make, I have made up quite a few out of leftover beads from other projects!


I cut my title from the Cricut cartridge Cindy Loo, added some bling, and a rub-on by Pink Paislee and I can call this one done and the first one in my yearly album!

Now it's your turn to take the January Challenge - see all the details HERE.

10 comments:

  1. That flower is great- and I love the beaded pin- a great opening page for the album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty... that stick pin adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a layout and I love every bit of it (probably because it is so girly!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout!! I love it when you go outside of your box and challenge yourself!! Great job! Great tutorial too...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty layout. Love the colors and the bling swirls. tfs The how to video. I need to start creating some of my own embellies like flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty flower and I love the bling. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to make a page without a photo, but I may have to try it - yours looks so good! Love those swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out great, even without a picture!

    ReplyDelete