January 25, 2011

January Challenge by Holly




Reader Holly submitted this layout for the January NEW Challenge. She said, "I would like to submit my latest layout for the current January NEW challenge.


My new technique is creating an interactive layout. The photo works like a flap and can be lifted to reveal a journalling section. It is also relevant to the 'NEW' theme as it is a layout from our honeymoon, with our new status of husband and wife.


On My blog I have posted a more detailed blog post in relation to this new layout.


Thanks for posting up the challenge.


Holly, Australia

Now it's your turn to take the January New Challenge - see all the details HERE!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. That is way cool! Great technique! I'm definitely going to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a great idea with the photo working as a flap! love it! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I absolutely love this! Awesome technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly this is such a neat technique!! I am definitely stealing your idea and using it on my very next layout!! How do you get the flap to stay up??? I love your layout.
    Congrats on the "new" husband!! lol hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - this would be a great way to add more photos too. Love all the little details. Going to check out your blog!

    Thanks for sharing with us here at scrap our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou all so much for the kind comments and feedback. The tutorial by Swissgirl that I refer to in my blog post gave me the idea. It stays shut until you decide to open it so its a good way of preserving private memories too as most people would not expect there to be extra stuff hidden behind the photo. But mostly for me its because I'm still a bit shy with journalling so it was a great way to do this without it being obvious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hidden journaling! Congrats to you on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! Such a lovely page!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a neat idea- a great way to get lots of journalling on without it cluttering up the page- neat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun Layout! I love the hidden journaling. I did a layout like this and I cut the page protector so I could flip open the journaling. I just put a tiny piece of velcro on the flap and the page protector to keep it closed. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Secret pages... great idea, keeps the page less cluttered and as you said anything private-r hidden. Definitely a 'tuck&file' idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete