January 7, 2011

January Challenge by Mary Pat

Mary Pat sent us this wonderful layout for our January "NEW" challenge!!
Hey everyone,
Mary Pat here with a NEW layout. I really tried to incorporate a ton of NEW things for the first challenge of the year! I really had a great time with it. The first thing that was NEW was in the Title "NEW toys for Christmas". Each Christmas I make a layout of what the kids get for Christmas. I like to look back and see what they received.
The second NEW item was the border. I received the On the Edge Die by Tim Holtz and Sizzix for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. So it was perfect for the layout of all NEW! I really liked the die. I like the uneven scalloped edge. Pretty fun!
My third NEW item was a new technique. I have had my Silhoutte for years now and just recently they upgraded the software, and I have to say I love the upgrade. Well I had been wanting to try the new welding feature. So I thought what a perfect time to try and learn it. It really was very easy with the new software. So the title was all welded together. LOVE it! It was so easy and I love the effect!
If you would like to see more pictures up close of all the features please go to my blog and take a look. I would love for you to stop on by! Thanks a lot everyone and I can't wait to check back everyday to see what you come up with! I am very excited!


CLICK HERE to see the details about how you can participate in our JANUARY "NEW" challenge!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you really took the NEW challenge seriously :)

    This is sooo cool. I love your border - I may need one of those On the Edge Dies. Love how you welded your title letters.

    Super layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great photos and a fun, playful layout! I like the way your title divides top from bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title across the middle! Cute photos! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute page! I use that weld feature a lot with my cricut. My son loved Imaginext when he was younger. They are such greta toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! Love your welded title :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Pat, Great layout! Lots of "new" stuff!! Thanks for sharing it with with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to use alot of "New
    even a technique! The title looks good in the center and I love that font. Nice pictures of presents to remember. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever idea! I wish I had thought to document my children's gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really made the most out of this challenge! Very nice layout, I like how you have the title through the middle of the page.

    ReplyDelete