January 12, 2011

January Challenge - Sara L

This wonderful project for our January "NEW" challenge is from Sara L...


Sara's words:
Here is my altered Starbucks Coffee sleeve turned into a gift card holder!

This is a NEW technique that I am trying out. I had a lot of fun playing around with this and also love that it is a green project! I drink copious amounts of coffee and have been collecting the sleeves for weeks now so that I can do a few fun things with them and I have tons of them!


I used all scrap paper and things that I had in my stash! I didn't have to go out and buy anything at all (well except for the coffee and gift card) to make this with and I love how it came out!


What better way to give someone a Starbucks gift card than with a handmade themed gift card holder, all while being green!


















The January Challenge is to do a NEW project. This can be a layout, card, or any kind of project having to do with NEW. You may want to use the word new in your title, this could be about a new year's resolution - or could be a new technique or tool you used to complete your project.


CLICK HERE to see the additional details of our JANUARY NEW project:

12 comments:

  1. Love love it. Thank u so much for stopping by my blog. I'm ur newest follower now. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea and a wonderful way to use up scrap paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!!! Now I have an excuse to go to Starbucks LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to recycle! I love the papers, the corrigated paper and button you used. I am sure a coffee drinker would love to receive this gc and the gc holder. (the holder is a gift in itself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love all things recycled! I have been saving up those sleeves forever! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever, I like how it opens up. And I couldn't help noticing your ring too - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea!! I have to remember this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea...TFS!!!!!! I am off to make one right NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete