January 31, 2011

January Challenge by Faye


Reader Faye submitted this layout for the January New Challenge. She said, "Even though the "New" Challenge seemed to be wide open, I was having such a hard time with it. That is until last night. I was working on a layout and pulled out this paper lantern stamp I bought a few months ago. It was a $1.00 and I almost didn't buy it cause although I thought it was cute, I had no idea how I would ever use it on a page. It sat in my stamp drawer until last night when I decided to pull it out and use it. Since the stamp is new and it is a very new technique for me to stamp and cut out images to make my own embellishments, I thought that fit the challenge perfectly. Hope you like! Thanks for helping me scrap my stash!


Faye :)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. How cool is this? Love the stamps - glad you were able to use it.

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the rainbow-ed doily! ...and matching Bling. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the multicolor doily and the lantern boder along the top! Fun Page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love the rainbow doily and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the stamp. The doily is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great stamp and very trendy - I saw that shape on new release CHA papers this weekend! You are ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout!! I love that rainbow doily!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colorful page and how you used the lantern stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the burst of colors and the lil roses / flowers in the middle. very very cool.

    ReplyDelete