January 19, 2011

January Challenge by Teresita







Reader Teresita submitted this layout for the January NEW Challenge.  This is what she said:


I am an Italian scrapper. My name is Teresita, I am 33 years old, I have lived abroad for some years and then I came back to the north of Italy in late 2009.


I am attaching, as requested, my interpretationof the challenge Its title is "Trying Lomo in Madrid". The picture has in fact been shot last June in Madrid where I went on a weekend break with some friends. I have used my brand new Lomo camera! NEW in this case is related to the fact that the Lomo camera was NEW!

As material I have used Elsie paper, a real city map that I painted with white gesso to have it "older", than some gesso spots to make the red paper a bit less strong , then some undergroung map bits and a clothes tag. Some embellishments, a button, red dots, and a felt heart on felt circles. The red is recurrent as in the picture you can see a red car and I wanted to stress it! Then red is also the color of Spain.

To conclude, I used some paper tape and a piece of photo film on the top left.


Thanks a lot for the possibility and
warm regards from Italy!!


CIAO!!


tita
http://tita-scrapamoi.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa
Now it's your turn to take the January New Challenge.  See all the details HERE!

13 comments:

  1. Love how you real maps in your layout. The embellishments look fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the layout!--oh how i love madrid!! used to live there for a couple of months--que divertido!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOAAUUUWWW I LOVE IT ! ALL THOSE SMALL EMBELLISHMENTS AND SOME EVEN HAND MADE DO ENHANCE THE ARTISTICAL VALUE OF THE JOB YOU PERFORM. NANN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls!! Love your comments ^_^
    tita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background paper and how you arranged everything on the page! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute - love how you painted the map - and your use of the red.

    Thanks for sharing with us here at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice layout! I like how you used the Gesso, and that camera is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Wow. Wow. Love the little tiny photos at the top of the page- love new camera things too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the clustering of elements on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you created your own background. The cluster of small photos is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to your faboulous comments. You make me happy!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely layers and so many techniques in 1 layout. I want to touch this one... lol. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. diventi ogni volta più brava e creativa!
    Josette

    ReplyDelete