March 3, 2011

$$Frugal Friday Tip - by Mary Pat

 Hi Everyone,
It's me, Mary Pat, and I am here today with a Frugal Friday Tip.  Hooray!!!!  Well I like to use every drop of paper and embellie that I buy.  I save it all, and I end up using all of it too!  When I have just odds and ends I end up making card sets with it to give as hostess gifts or just because gifts.  Well, I had just used up the last drop of my Imaginisce Birthday Bash line and was making some cards with all the scraps when it dawned on me.  You know the colored backing that the embellishments come on?  Well Imaginisce also prints their pattern on it.  Here is a terrible picture of what I am talking about.
Well, I need a red cardstock to punch some scalloped circles for my base.  I was just about to throw this away when I thought--hey let's use this for my base. So I took the backing and punched it with my punch and got this.


You can see in the above circle the pattern that is on the cardstock.  So I used this as my base and made this card set from my leftover rub ons and these fun scalloped circles.


So always remember to look around and see what things you can use to save a bit of $$$.  You never know what you will find. 

Hope you can use my tip someday.

Do you have a frugal tip you'd like to share?  Or an example of a project you completed using one of the Frugal Friday Tips? 

Just email a picture (if possible) and your tip to scrappinpsycho@live.com .  Your tip could be featured as a future Frugal Friday Tip

Be sure to scroll down - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant tip, hadn't thought of doing that and it's a great idea, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that more manufacturers are making patterns on their packaging. It is so wonderful to recycle it! You project is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea. I have some Prima flowers that have a pretty acetate backing that I will use in the same fashion. I had not looked at other mfgs though, so thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of scraps, Mary Pat. Some packaging look like ledger paper, so that is perfect for some quick journaling bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the packaging tip is a great one- love how versatile it can be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever girl!! Worked like a charm for you. Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Frugal - and who'd have ever known! Great Tip! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip mary Pat!! I try to use the packaging on my layouts/cards too. Your cards turned out so cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete