March 2, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Helena



Future April Guest Design Team Member Helena submitted this layout for the March "Dust it Off" Challenge. She said:

On this layout I'm finding it hard to find something NEW: the cardstock as well as the patterned paper (My Mind's Eye - Penny Lane) is at least 2 to 3 years old, the snowflake stamps
are from Technique Tuesday and those too are old. And what about Heidi Swapp's mask letters? Those go way back at least 4 or 5 years as well as the technique of using them with acrylic paints.
Even the photos are OLD!! They are of Andrea when he was only 1 back in 1999. He's now 13.

So I guess I qualify for this challenge, LOL!

-- Helenamy blog http://scrap4all.typepad.com/scrappassion/

Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, especially like the journalling around the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about scrappin' your stash! Woo hoo! You go girl! I love the lo and the way you used the colors in the photo as the primary colors in the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you qualified really well. I love the white paint you put around the layout. It gives the page an icy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the softness in this!! You've so very effectively conveyed the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this? I love the page and the fact that you used so much of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say you more than qualify for this challenge! Love how you made old things look new again on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are telling me this stuff is old...but it all really looks fresh to me! Great page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how much "old" there is in this lO- love the title and paint effect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...thos pictures are about the cutest EVER!! ha All your "old things" turned into an awesome layout!! Love the masking, love the stitching...just love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the masked title - great use of some "old" stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to use up your stash!! Love the soft feel of the page with the pastel colors and how sweet your little one looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout! I love how you did the word "enjoy". tfs

    ReplyDelete