March 8, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Danielle


Guest Design Team Member Danielle submitted this layout for the March Dust it Off Challenge. She said:

I decided to use the dreaded Cricut machine. lol… I have had the Cricut Expression, Design Studio, and SCAL for over a year now, but I hated using that thing. This challenge gave me an excuse to sit and learn how to actually make the most of it.


On the layout, “What I like About you”, I designed and cut the title using SCAL and the Cricut Expression. While I like the way it came out, I am still not completely sold on the wonders of this little machine. I am not a techno girl so I think that has a lot to do with it, but since this challenge, I have been trying to use it more.

Now it's your turn to take the March Dust it Off Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. great job! i have never used any of the software etc for the cricut but you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on using your Cricut so well! I suppose it is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it. I hate learning curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that title looks great- i love those overlapping effects- love the soft spring like colours on this too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title treatment is wonderful! Love the patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a wonderful job!! There's no way my Cricut could ever gather dust! I love how you did the title and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHHHHHHHH I love this. The colors are so yummy! Yet they are great for this manly picture! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page, I love the really soft, girly papers you have used and yet your chap still manages to look manly whilst baking. What a lovely sentiment to scrap too! K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so sweet!! I just got the SCAL and am having trouble figuring it out too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty !! Love it!! Did you know that Susan Stringfellow gives away free SCAL files??? Not every post, so you may have to scroll back a few! Here's a link to her blog: http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!! That pp rocks with those photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a wonderful job! I love SCAL and use it often. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super page - love everything about it! I don't use my regular Cricut enough (ever!) without adding something more to it; you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this page, love the colors, love the layout, love the journaling, and that man is pretty cute too. This one just jumped out at me, totally perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout! I love how the title looks. I am cricut challenged as well. Whenever my cousin visits, she brings her cricut, I tell her what I want and she cuts it out for me. lol My 10 yr old daughter is a wiz at the cricut... not me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the title! I wouldn't want to go without my circuit.

    ReplyDelete