March 28, 2011

March Dust It Off Challenge by Missy




Design Team Member Missy submitted this project for the March Dust it Off Challenge.  She said:

When I found out about the Dust It Off Challenge, my first thought was to use my Fasenator, but I thought that I had given it away long ago. So I was going through my "old stuff" box, and guess what? I found it! Now what was I going to do with it?

I was making a banner as a gift in a swap. So I used the Fasenator as the way to attach the banner together. I had some of the decorative staples and just slid the ribbon under each side and tied knots. I learned alot about my Fasenator, and it has since earned it's spot back on my tool shelf! I'm not so sure it won't get dusty again though!

I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge for the letters and used my Gypsy to alter some of the shapes for the letter backings. Both the hot pink ribbon and the light pink scalloped oval were distressed with my mini mister filled with water and then scrunched up. I inked around the edges with Close to My Heart Bubblegum stamp pad.

Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

17 comments:

  1. Its absolutely goegeous.. But isnt it spelled "create"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and the Fastenator works brilliantly on attaching the ribbon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! Those Fastenators are the perfect touch on your lovely banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautiful- love the colours and those patterned fastenators are a triumph on here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how you attached the letters on your banner!! SOOOO cool! I will be stealing this idea for sure. ha
    The banner is so pretty. You really did a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm...brilliant, I tell you !!! I SOOO LOVE that you just used little pieces of ribbon attached instead of a strand the whole length!! I've been considering making a banner for the house...I think you just pushed me over the edge (it's a good edge)...!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful banner. The Fastenator is perfect for attaching the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute banner - and great use of the fastenator! It has become our most dusted off tool this month. I just may have to dust mine off too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous banner! Makes me want to go make one...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty banner! And I love how you used the Fastenator to put the banner together. You are tempting me to go and buy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one super cute banner there! Love how you used the fastenators!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone! This one was for a friend, but I think that I will make me one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful banner and I love your use of the Fastenator!

    ReplyDelete