March 13, 2011

March Challenge by Karen

Design Team Member Karen submitted this layout for the March Challenge. She said:

For my LO I chose to use up some Anna Griffin chipboard letters that I have had for ages and never used.  The last time I tried to use them I found them too big to use for many titles.  I also used some photos from last spring as the theme is spring. I can't wait for the flowers to start coming out this year. The colours of the chipboard letters reminded me of spring. I cut my photos of the Keukenhof garden tulips down to size so I could fit four across the page.  I chose  pink tulips to tie in with the the colours of the paper and letters. The Keukenhof gardens here in the Netherlands is only open for a few weeks in spring.  It is full of bulbed flowers such as  tulips, daffodils and hyacinths ( all my favourites).

I do intend to make another Lo, as my original idea was to go back to a technique I haven't used in ages - that of hand cutting my titles. So stay tuned for another Lo soon.

Karen

Now it's your turn to take the March Dust it Off Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. wow--your pictures are amazing! so pretty. plus your layout is also awesome--great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chipboard letters are perfect for your lovely tulip photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty...love the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos look stunning against the green patterned paper. I love the letters in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The title letters really make everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I love that the thing that first jumped out at me was the item you had to dust off!!! Great job! I love those tulip pictures!! I adore tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! Those pictures make me want to visit the Netherlands even more!! Those letters match your pictures just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty - I love your chipboard title and how you overlapped some of the letters, and the colors are perfect for these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this layout just shouts Spring!! Love your photos and the large letters are perfect for this page!! Super!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great LO, that paper was made for those photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love those big letters - looks great! I llove tuplips, mine are starting to sprout already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your row of flower photos!

    ReplyDelete