March 17, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Ren-Yi

Scrap Our Stash's March challenge is very near and dear to my heart: Spring Cleaning, which means dig long and deep into your stash to find things that need some dusting off and loving. Dig up dusty stamps and love them with some fresh ink. Pull out that pattern paper that's been attracting dust mites - I know we wait for that "perfect" project, but do we really know if we're making that perfect project upfront? Dust off those punches that have been sitting in a bin and give them some punching action.

I'm sure we have certain crafting vices, so this is a good time to 'fess up. Mine is pattern paper. I see some and fall heads over heel over it and often can't help myself from buying it. The key is to really do paper swaps with gals, so if you're interested, drop me an email and we can do a paper swap! :)

Anyways - off to the deets of the card. I needed a good guy card and knew that I was hogging my Archaic paper from Basic Grey for far too long. So I created a "quilt" of pattern paper and laid each panel together. Super easy.


Celebrate

I decided a nice clean window cut, such as Label One or a Circle would create a fun focal point. Super fun and it makes a teeny weeny dent into my paper hoarding mountain. What are your vices and how do you try to over come them?

Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge. See all the details
HERE.


Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! I love how you cut the window to frame your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you chose! I have the same pack. I too have a paper vice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. paper is my vice too! love the quilt effect- this would look great as the background for a LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is lovely! I really like how you did the quilt effect. I'm obsessed with paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a ton of paper too, in fact I have some Archaic I've been hoarding as well, lol! Your card is great, I love how you diecut the window to frame your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a weakness for patterend paper too! This was a great way to use some of your stash. Love how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a patterned paper addict too!! Love your card and the quilt effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a general supply hoarder..!! Love the simple elegance of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my name is Missy and I hoard paper, lol!!!
    I love it!! A great use of that wonderful paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could do this challenge every month for a year and still not make a dent in things. I am definitely a "collector" but that's why I'm here because it also feels really good to use things up too!

    ReplyDelete