March 26, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Sarah

Is 2007 dusty enough?  I was cleaning out some older bins of sh-tuff in the Studio over Christmas Break when I ran across this Halloween Mini-Album... I put it aside so it wouldn't get 'sucked under' again and boy, am I ever glad I did!  I had started it right after Halloween that year: got the pictures printed, cut the back paper and then... I dunno. I think part of it was that being the year of my separation and my Ex was along for this trip (Bless Cropping!), maybe Christmas Rush???  It's a mystery!  But...
I'm so happy for this challenge giving my Muse a good kick in the rear to get it done. As soon as it was finished my 4 boys were passing it around to look at.  It was the last project I got done before this killer virus that's been going around put me out of commission for over 2 weeks. I had to hunt it down on one of their dressers after I was feeling better just to get the photos. That, right there, is why I scrapbook.

The Album is a K
& Company Brag Book which was part of  a kit. I bought the kit for the stickers and other embellishments then the book sat around for a year.  Dusty even before this challenge! lol

I started all the pages by 'wallpapering' with pattern paper...
Then added the Photos...
Then went through and embellished.
I used up papers that had come with some $ store mini-album kits. The boys had taken the albums to do some small books of their own.
Stickers were a mish-mash of leftovers in my Halloween Stash.
Then a final go through to do the journaling.
All Done!!! ...at last.

Now it's your turn to take the March Dust it Off Challenge. See all the details HERE!
Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

11 comments:

  1. what a fun fun mini album! I love it! Halloween is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic album!! The papers and pictures are so fun :) Love that you had to hunt it down from your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I love your mini album!! you really rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini album!! I love when my boys want to look at my albums. You're right, that is why we scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling! No wonder your boys kept looking at it and passing it around. Fun holiday!! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun mini album! I am sure you are glad you got it finished and everyone is enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is awesome. What a perfect album for the perfect pictures. This album will be cherished for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks great- love how you got such a cherished item out of unused stash

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute... that's definately a keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That album is fantastic! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dusting. :-) What a fun little book!

    ReplyDelete