March 5, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Joni

Anyone have a FASTENATOR??  What the heck is a FASTENATOR??  Well, it's a tool that "staples" these large "bars" instead of staples... and yes, you have to buy the bars too...different colors, different designs....oh my!!
So this was all the rage a few years back....  and of course I got one.  And I used it a few times... and now it's sitting on a shelf, collecting dust...(sound familiar anyone??).....
So, here's a pic of the tool.. and all the packages of those "bars" that I purchased... (some on clearance at BIG LOTS)...   


and after doing this layout, I remember why it got dusty.  It's kinda hard to "line-up" exactly where the bar/staple is going to go. 
So, I had fun and decided to just "go with it".. and ended up using this as a pretty large part of my design!!  Here is what I ended up with!!

Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge.  See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

13 comments:

  1. Joni, this is perfect!! lol I totally love how you used the staples all over the page. I am with you too on how hard it is to get those ginormous staples where you want them!!! lol I love that you got a bunch of your staples at Big Lots....so did I!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love the primary colours with the black background, K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love your title letters! I didn't get into the Fastenator craze but those staples are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get in on the craze and bought the stapler and beau coup staples. But I could never get them to look right on my layouts - it seemed you needed to be stapling together very thick items for the staples to sit right. I finally sold mine and have no regrets - even after seeing your awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I came very close to buying one of these at Joann's several times, but resisted the urge. Love the back background - the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way it looks...it gives a very fun feel and texture to your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have a fastenator and it is collecting dust! You have done a great job with this. Loving this layout!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully, this is one tool I didn't buy, but it worked well for your page. I love the colors and randomness of the staples. They are a perfect embellishment on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one that definitely needs to be dusted off. Love the colorful layout, great use of the fastenator!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how the staples echo the random dots on the paper- such a perfect and fun way to embellish this LO ( but I can see why it might get a bit dusty- it wouldn't work on many LOs!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how the colors of your letters and staples went together so well!! Cute page!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one collecting dust for a while then I gave it to my cousin. It's probably collecting dust in her studio now. lol I love what you did with your layout! the colors all go so well together.

    ReplyDelete