March 7, 2011

Pagerize Joni by Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge.  She said:

When I saw Joni's page, I really loved the hand sewn grids and the diagonal layout of her design. As I perused my photos, I decided this photo of my husband and son in front of the Cat in the Hat ride at Islands of Adventure would be perfect for such a fun page. I also immediately grabbed my Echo Park summertime papers. I thought the fun, bright colors were a perfect match for a page about the Cat in the Hat.

As I worked on the page, I realized that I was not digging a grid design with this photo. I wanted it to be a little less structured, so I substituted the hand stitched, streamer like lines.  I dusted off some white tags and stars. The chipboard star and the die cut red and yellow stars are so old I don't know who makes them. I think I bought the die cuts when my son was 2 years old! Eight years hidden in my stash! That is way too long to not be used!

Theme park photos sometimes mean that strangers get into your shot...no matter how hard you try! I hid the extra people with some strategically placed journal strips.


Now it's your turn.  See all the details on how you can take the Pagerize This Challenge HERE.   And why not dust off a technique or a few supplies while you are at it and take the March Dust it Off Challenge. We can't wait to see your projects!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

14 comments:

  1. christy,
    this is so cute!love the different colors of sewing on the page and echo park paper is one of my faves! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching is great, works so well with the design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo Hooo!!! LOVE that you changed the stitching to swirls!!! Very effective for your page!!! Gives it a wonderful flow! And the colors are great too!!! (Secret on my lo though...they weren't hand stitched...Sewing machine all the way baby!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic! Love the idea of hiding extra folks with journaling strips! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a perfect way to embellish a Dr. Seuss layout! You were so right to change the grid to your more whimsical design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy you totally rocked this challenge!! I ADORE the streamer type stitching and the colors you used are so happy. And how you hid those extra folks with your journaling is brilliant. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all need to thank Joni again for her original layout that has given us such great inspiration. Everyone is really doing outstanding work pagerizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this lo! I am going to try to do some stitching all over a couple of pages too! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those swirls are such a great idea- really ties in so well with the picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that you put swirls with the stars. They go well with Dr. Seuss pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is soooooooooooo cute! I love the swirls - they make this such a fun page. Your color choice is super with the picture! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the wonderful compliments.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stitching, the stars, the centered layout with journaling strips; actually, I really like it all!!

    ReplyDelete