March 1, 2011

March Dust It Off Challenge - Stacy H-W







Design Team Member Stacy said:

When I heard the theme of the March Dust it off Challenge I wasn't sure which of my scrappy things that were gathering dust I would be using, but then the other DT members were talking about their Fastenators. And how they never use them.


I asked what is a Fastenator? And got a quick reply that it was a stapler that uses special staples....well guess what....


I HAVE ONE OF THOSE! LOL


I just didn't know it was called a Fastenator. And guess what else??? It has been stuck away in a container just gathering dust FOREVER.

Soooooo, here is my March layout using the Fastenator!!! LOL


I used a Sassy Lil Sketches February Sketch as my starting off point and some sweet pictures of my dd trying on her Uncle's hat. She sure thought she was hot stuff!! ha


I used We R Memory Keepers paper - Be My Valentine - Love Letters, Affectionately Yours, Love Birds and Irresistible.


I also used some Making Memories heart shaped glitter clears, lime green Fastenator staples, a Colorbok layered title, a vinyl American Crafts thicker that I inked and layered on a KCK chipboard piece. I pulled some buttons and bakers twine from my stash too. And ended with my favorite thing....crystal stickles!


So there you go...my take on the March challenge. Now, where is yours??

See all the details of the March Challenge HERE!

Be sure to scroll down - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

17 comments:

  1. this is just way too cute and dont you just love the sassy lil sketches--they are way to fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a funny story about "discovering" your Fastenator! Love this layout, great use of the sketch and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny enough - I sold my fastenator at my moving sale last May. Just last month I picked up a bunch of craft items off of CL and one of the "bonus" items was a fastenator! Aaaaa! So don't bother to get rid of it, it'll come back! Your page looks pretty, I like the sketch and the way you subtly used those ginormous staples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the pp you used on your layout. The button banner is really cute.

    Too funny how you "dicovered" that you had a Fastenator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, it should say "discovered". I am typing with two little doggies in my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny!!! I think everyone has one of these!!! I love your layout. One of your best ever! The design and paper rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute layout! I love that button banner and what a great use of your Fasenator! I really like the grid with all your patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recall those emails very vividly...so much so that you should watch for my upcoming Fastenator layout!!! I love this grid scheme on your layout w/that banner!!! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the brightness of this layout. Great job - and way to go with that Fastenator!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this layout. It is so CUTE and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute page!!!I love the way everything seems to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all the little squares of paper- such cute patterns- great story behind the LO

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely fabulous! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything on your page, from the layout of the squares to the title and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!! Love the button banner and the colors you used so wonderfully! Great page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great papers! Fun pictures. I love the way you did the title and buttons as a banner. I remember those fastenator emails too. How funny that you had one all along... good thing you didn't go buy it! haha

    ReplyDelete