March 20, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Sue


Design Team Member Sue submitted this layout for the March Dust it Off Challenge.  She said:

Here is my contribution to the March Challenge. These are some older papers from my stash, and the swirl stamp has been hiding out for some time in my supplies. I recently moved my stamps closer to my work area to help me remember to use them!  Even though these are recent photos of my dad fishing, they triggered an old memory, so that is the story I told.  Journaling reads: "I grew up knowing my dad loved to fish. When he had a little free time, he'd head out to Krieger's pond or up to his boat on Lake Erie. Fishing in the surf at Holden Beach was another favorite. I remember one time on vacation, he took us to a trout farm that had just been re-stocked. He spent the day baiting our hooks and we reeled 'em in! I don't think he had any time to fish at all on that day!

"Suehttp://suealthouse.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the March Dust it Off Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. as usual great job sue! love the paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout! love the postmarked border and the stamped swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue! Love that memory...and the blocking design on this layout is gorgeous!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned papers! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet layout. What a great idea to move the stamps where you can reach them easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, great journaling! That will be a nice memory to look back on. I love stamping on layouts and never remember to do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's wonderful that you recorded your memories this way. The page immediately reminded me of a relaxed day down by the water. The color tones you chose were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you split the title, very nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great memory - and I love how you put it all together. These colors are great and I love how you used the stamp - I need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colours are great together, a really lovely page. I think I have that stamp somewhere! I must do what you have done and move them into my eyeline! K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous LO Sue- love the story behind the photos- love the colours you use

    ReplyDelete